Sunday, August 29, 2010

First scrapbook pages . . . but a long story first!


August 1st, 2007. My extended family and I were on our way to the Jersey Shore for a much deserved week long vacation. It just so happened that the little one I was 28 weeks pregnant with decided she didn't feel like hanging out in the womb anymore, evidently she had bigger and better things to do. I didn't quite realize I was in labor since my contractions were very irregular, but knew something wasn't right. I called my OB on the drive down, they said I was probably dehydrated and should go to the nearest medical center for fluids. Cool, I can do that. I go to the hospital, find out that I'm 5 cm dialated and 100% effaced. Doc says this kid is coming today, but (and this is a big but) they don't have a NICU, I'll need to be taken via helicopter to the nearest level three NICU which is Cooper University Hospital in Camden. Taryn Anna was born shortly after we arrived at Cooper, she was 2 pounds 10 ounces, 12.5 inches to a very scared set of parents. She was my inspiration to start scrapping, and here are my first pages of her.






She spent 70 days in the NICU, and just celebrated her second birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment